Written by Theresa Corbin
20 Things you should know about Sharia:
- Sharia is not a bad word.
- Islam is Sharia. Sharia is Islam.
- Sharia forbids forcing people to follow Sharia.
- Sharia forbids suicide especially suicide bombing because …
- Sharia forbids murder especially of innocent people.
- Sharia demands that you look out for your neighbor.
- Sharia forbids harming living things without need such as food.
- 70% of Sharia, deals with rituals of worship. It tells me, and anyone who chooses Islam, how I to pray, fast, give charity, and make the pilgrimage to Mecca.
- Another 25% of the sharia deals with diet, personal finance, and family law.
- The other 5 % of sharia deals with establishing good manners and punishments for grievous crimes.
- No where in Sharia are women not allowed to drive, hold jobs, or have agency in their own lives.
- No where in Sharia does Sharia claim that it should over throw the U.S. Gov. For more info, read my Sharia Creep post here.
- Sharia even allows those non-Muslims living in a Sharia governed state to live and conduct their lives by their own religious laws.
- Sharia demands those who follow it to be moderates.
- Sharia is not static. Sharia is fluid and changes in its application depending on time, place, and circumstance.
- Just because a country calls it’s laws “Sharia based”, doesn’t make it so.
- Some leaders have use Sharia as an excuse to manipulate the masses and usurp power. Can you think of any leaders like this?
- No “Shariah compliant” country actually exists. In fact, some Western countries exemplify Sharia more than so called Muslim countries because of their human rights and freedoms of religion and expression.
- Shariah only allows fighting or going to war when it is in self defense.
- The death penalty for adultery in Sharia is unenforceable without a confession because the method of proving adultery is impossible. It is a preventative measure instead of a strict, brutal law.
Take the Shariah Law Quiz
Take the Buzzfeed quiz to see if you will be deported with me for following Sharia. Yes, even you non-Muslims might get the boot! Let us know in the comments if you are getting deported if the Newt gets his way.
Follow us (upper right of the page). Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Like our face with your face on Facebook (facebook.com/islamwich). Tumble with us on Tumblr (islamwich.tumblr.com). Pin with us (pinterest.com/islamwich). Follow us on twitter (@islamwich).
Like the post, share it, pin it, comment on it, and/or do whatever social media magic it is that you prefer. Find out more about us in the understandably named “About” page and browse other posts in “Table of Contents”.