Written by Theresa Corbin
So it’s 2014, and I have officially been blogging for 1 year. How do I know? Because the money to pay for my domain name has been extracted from my bank account. Oh, is that a party foul to talk about the ins and out of financing a blog? Oh well! And since it is on my dime, I am going to take this opportunity to say a thing or two about what I have learned in my year of blogging and living and so on: the good, the bad, and the fugly
2. Most bloggers get paid in facebook likes (unless you sell your soul to the devil then you get paid in twitter followers.)
3. People fall into three categories 1- people who suck, 2-people who try to make the world a better place, and 3- people who have no reading comprehension.
4. Being consistent is hard.
5. We change very little from infancy, i.e. people only want to look at shapes and colors, i.e. pictures will bring people to your blog, but they probably won’t read anything you write. (of course “they” won’t, because pictures can’t read!)
6. 11 AM is not an acceptable time to wake up in the morning, even if you work from home and work 12 hour days.
7. Angry people often are just scared.
8. Maxi denims skirts (that don’t look super Pentecostal-y or matronly) are hard to come by. P.S. If you know where to find them, let me know.
10. I need to stop cursing.
11. http://www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/ is the funniest crap on the internet.
12. I may be possessed with the spirit of a sailor. see #9-11.
13. There are a whole lot of women out there who hate women.
14. There are a whole lot of men out there who hate women.
15. Hijab shaming is just as effective as cleaning your kitchen with a dirty diaper.
16. Just when you think you are always right, you are the most wrong.
17. I can be stupid.
18. But I am working on it.
19. If you don’t admit to #17 and haven’t tried # 18, I don’t want to know you.
20. Never blog after foot surgery, no matter what the Lortab told you.
21. Spelling “so” with more o’s doesn’t give it more emphasis, even if that is what you intended.
22. Going to Wal-Mart will help you feel less fat.
23. The common consensus does not create reality. This one was a painful lesson.
24. Usually the bigger the opinion the less informed the person.
25. Islam is amazing: Muslims could use some work.
See ya round in 2014!
Follow us (upper right of the page), email us (firstname.lastname@example.org), like our face with your face on Facebook, like the post, share it, pin it, comment on it, and/or do whatever social media magic it is that you prefer. Find out more about us in the understandably named “About Us” page and browse other posts in our brand spanking new “Table of Contents”.